Prahran Heritage Renovation and Extension
This semi-detached inner suburban Edwardian home was in original condition but for limited 1960’s improvements to the kitchen, bathroom & laundry.
The brief was to create a contemporary residence encompassing the heritage context with every modern amenity and embracing the opportunities of a rear northern exposure.
- Blend of Heritage and Modern Features
- Part Demolition with New Addition to the First Floor and a Second Story Extension
- Polished Victorian Ash Hardwood Staircase
- Concealed Heating and Cooling Systems
- Seven Skylights to Maximise Natural Light
- Heat N Glo Gas Fireplace with Stone Hearth and TV Recess
- Quality European Appliances and Fittings
- Private Alfresco
This home has been transformed from a narrow dark sectional house to a spacious light filled warm open home. The use of seven skylights, the open living/dining/kitchen and outdoor areas and the spacious parent retreat, WIR and ensuite upstairs have all contributed to create the feeling of a large home on a very small footprint.
The galvanised steel and aluminium louvre cladding have modernised the exterior look and compliments the front heritage façade. Here the original masonry chimney was retained, and pressed reds brickwork was matched to maintain the heritage context to the front exterior.
Ready to discuss your ideas?
SPEAK WITH THE SHERBROOKE TEAM
If you’re thinking about extending, renovating or building a new home, we can help. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you would like more information about us or our services.