Looking to Design and Build a Basement as part of your New Home or Extension?
Adding space to your house is typically done by adding levels, or extending existing ones. Yet, creating an underground space is often an overlooked and worthwhile alternative, and could be the answer to maximising your living footprint and adding value to your property. Consider creating a stunning atmosphere with a smart and elegant underground basement which utilises land you rarely think about – the land underneath your feet.
Basements Designed Around Your Property
You may have a sloping or narrow block, poor soil conditions or water tables higher than your average block. However, these aren’t factors that should deter you from considering a basement build. We can design and build your custom home with a basement that is specific to your land conditions, whatever they may be.
Considering a Basement in your New Home or Extension?
One of the main reasons people move house is to acquire extra space for a growing family. Adding a basement to your extension or custom new home can be the difference between settling in to your forever home comfortably or eventually needing to sell and move.
A basement can be utilised for many different purposes including a multi car garage, extra bedrooms, extra living space, wine cellar, home office, gym or any combination of the above.
Insulated by the ground, basements naturally provide both thermal and noise efficiency. Our team of expert architects and designers apply the latest technologies to assess:
- The strengths and weaknesses of elements included in your basement design
- Thermal efficiency, comfort and adaptability to different seasons
- How to ensure the largest amount of available daylight in your basement
- Use of colour schemes, materials and ergonomics to create a light space
- Minimising noise pollution
- Maximising energy efficiency
Working with Sherbrooke Design and Construction gives you:
- Tailored Designs to suit your needs
- Access to Industry Professionals, well known brands and reputable suppliers
- Fixed Price Contracts so there will be no hidden cost surprises during construction
- Thorough Online Communications Portal to track your project
- Professional Support and Assistance from our Contract Administrators and Project Managers
- Dedicated Process Management so your new home or extension is delivered on time
- After Build Support through our Extended Warranty Inspection Service
- Membership Rewards through our ‘Customer for Life’ Membership Program
If you’re struggling with ideas on how to make the most of your block while staying true to your wants and needs, contact us to explore how we can help design and build a basement as part of your extension or new home.
Our Previous Custom Built Basement Projects
Our Extension and New Home Design and Building Process
We’ll look after you every step of the way by providing a complete architectural design and construction service for your new home or extension. Here’s a brief overview of the easy step-by-step design process we’ll enjoy together in realising your vision.
Our Construction Manager will ensure your project is built in line with the plans and specifications and your Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of trades and materials. Your Contracts Administrator will guide you through the selections process and help you with all the administrative detail through Buildertrend. You have access to our Interior Design Consultant to assist with colour selections, and access to well-known industry professional brands and reputable suppliers.
Ready to discuss your ideas?
SPEAK WITH THE SHERBROOKE TEAM
If you’re thinking about home extending, renovating or building a custom builders Melbourne, we can help. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you would like more information about us or our services.