Sherbrooke Design and Construction is your sloping block and split level home design and building specialist.
Designing and building your dream home or extension on a sloping block is more challenging compared to your traditional build or extension project, but it’s well worth it. From great views to maximising the value of your home, a sloping block can provide opportunities that just cannot be found on a level site.
Types of Sloping Blocks
In contrast to a regular parcel of land, a sloping block isn’t flat. Your block may slope up from the road or it may slope down. Some blocks may have cross fall from one side of the block to the other, or your land may be a combination of the above.
While sloping blocks bring their own unique challenges, engaging a custom builder from the onset results in an extension or new home design that suits your land, lifestyle and budget.
Designing a Split Level Home or Extension
A split-level design is best suited for sloping blocks and it allows you to consider blocks of land (with or without existing homes) that might not be completely flat. Working with and following the natural slope of the land, a custom designed extension or new home minimises the extent of excavation and maximises the footprint of your home, while utilising your block in the best possible way. When designing an extension or new home for your sloping block, our team of expert architects and designers take into account:
- The grade of the slope and the possibilities it may offer such as layered gardens, additional car parking, multiple outdoor entertaining spaces or a swimming pool
- Suitable door and window placement, so your home catches the winter sunlight and a cooling breeze during the heat of summer
- How to make the most of natural light in the home by using windows and skylights
- Drainage and ways to direct water such as rainwater tanks or stormwater pits
- Your best options for enhancing the views from your block
- How to maintain privacy for yourself and your neighbours
- Your lifestyle and budget
Benefits of a Custom Split Level Design
Many find the challenge of building or extending on a sloping block daunting. However, you’ll find plenty of advantages and incentives to build your new home or extension on a sloping block.
- A custom designed extension or new home provides you with a unique floorplan designed to reflect your lifestyle and block of land
- The ability to enjoy breath-taking views or landscapes surrounding you
- You can capture natural light and make efficient use of the sun, keeping the home airy and bright
- Sloping blocks are typically less expensive to purchase, allowing you to spend more on extending or building your dream home
- Sloped blocks provide a higher return on investment when it’s time to sell your house as the views, natural light, and elevation all appeal to buyers.
We design homes and extensions based on the individual needs of our customers, whether they desire energy efficiency with water tanks and solar panels or maximum luxury with plenty of open spaces, wood fireplaces and heated floors.
Working with Sherbrooke Design and Construction gives you:
- Tailored Designs to suit your needs
- Access to Industry Professionals, well known brands and reputable suppliers
- Fixed Price Contracts giving you confidence and peace of mind
- 24/7 Online Communications Portal to track your project
- Professional Support and Assistance from our Contract Administrators and Project Managers
- Dedicated Program Management so your new home or extension is delivered on time
- After Build Support through our Warranty Inspection Service
- Membership Rewards through our ‘Customer for Life’ Membership Program
By choosing Sherbrooke Design and Construction, you don’t have to compromise. If you’re struggling with ideas on how to make the most of your sloping block while staying true to your wants and needs, contact us to explore how we can help design and build your extension or new home.
Our Previous Split Level Extension and New Home Projects
Our Extension and New Home Design and Building Process
We’ll look after you every step of the way by providing a complete architectural design and construction service for your new home or extension. Here’s a brief overview of the easy step-by-step design process we’ll enjoy together in realising your vision.
Our Construction Manager will ensure your project is built in line with the plans and specifications and your Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of trades and materials. Your Contracts Administrator will guide you through the selections process and help you with all the administrative detail through Buildertrend. You have access to our Interior Design Consultant to assist with colour selections, and access to well-known industry professional brands and reputable suppliers.
Ready to discuss your ideas?
SPEAK WITH THE SHERBROOKE TEAM
If you’re thinking about home extending, renovating or building a custom builders Melbourne, we can help. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you would like more information about us or our services.